For Such A Time As This . . .
A couple of thousand years ago the days were dark, and wickedness had prevailed upon the land largely due to aberrant teaching and a lack of consecration to God on the part of the priests:
1 Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were corrupt; they did not know the LORD.
The problem was, that even though Eli was a priest himself, his heart grew complacent and lackadaisical and the Word of God no longer was viewed as the Authority. What was the result of this attitude? It was passed down to his children and they would eventually grow up with a greater contempt towards God than their father.
But, as He often did in Israel’s history, God began to solve the problem by sending . . . A baby! Think of Moses, and John the Baptist, not to mention Jesus! Bible Commentator Warren Wiersbe said it well when he penned, “Babies are God’s announcement that He knows the need, cares about His people, and is at work on their behalf. The arrival of a baby ushers in new life and a new beginning; babies are signposts to the future, and their conception and birth is a miracle that only God can do!” Thus, God was going to send a baby to turn things around for the people . . . And it was then that the Prophet Samuel was born.
A few of us will honor Sanctity Of Life Day on January 21, 2018, and if we look at how dark this world has become, the numbers are both staggering and heartbreaking:
- 89% of all abortions in the United States are performed in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- 11% of all abortions in the United States are performed in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy.
- Number of abortions per year: approximately 42 million.
- Number of abortions per day: approximately 115,000.
- Number of abortions per year: 1.21 million. (2005)
- Number of abortions per day: approximately 3,315.
WHO’S HAVING ABORTIONS?
- 50% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25.
- 66% of all abortions are performed on never-married women; married women account for 18% of all abortions; and divorced women obtain 9.4%.
BUT EVEN MORE ALARMING . . . WHAT RELIGIONS ARE THE ABORTION SEEKERS?
- Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 43% of all abortions in the U.S.
- Catholic women account for 27%.
- Jewish women account for 1.3%.
- And women with no religious affiliation obtain 24% of all abortions.
- And 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as born-again or Evangelical.
In makes perfect sense that the devil wants to eradicate babies . . . After all, babies who are properly taught the Word of God and have embraced Jesus as their Authority can turn this thing around! As adults we need to share the facts!
- An abortion procedure will certainly kill one of the two people involved, if not both.
- The feminist movement is continuously fighting for the right to kill babies, approximately 50% of which are feminine . . . This is the pinnacle of hyperisy!
- Abortion does not remove a “burden”, but rather brings on more; Depression. Guilt. Anxieties. And the upending knowledge that a person has taken another persons life.
- And there are many, many, more.
(For more information on the history of abortion and its many effects, from the individual mother to society as a whole, I would highly recommend the book, “Choosing For Two” by Dr. David Ross.)
As a nation, we have made some grave mistakes. The primary was turning away from God’s Word as the Authority. But secondarily, we have allowed leaders to be voted into power who purvey wickedness and not righteousness. And what are they trying to take from us? Our children!
I would argue that one of the last hopes we have as a society rests in our children. This is why we need to teach them the Word of God:
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
The world may be full of people who are willing to sacrifice their children on the alter of self-aggrandisement . . . But I am not one of them! Maybe the reason I was allowed to live was so I could share this one message during a time such as this, and therefore I will not be kept silent.
May the Lord Jesus Himself, forgives our sins, and allow us to be a people who will stand up and let Truth of His Word and His Name be heralded through this land once again!