A Birthday Reminder

Yesterday, I celebrated my 41st birthday.  A few more wrinkles, much more grey hair, but I noticed something that both blessed me and saddened me at the same time . . .
After spending all day at church and having a couple of counseling sessions, I got home at almost 10:00 pm and noticed I had well over a hundred birthday wishes on facebook, a couple dozen phone calls, and about 10 cards . . . all from people who wanted to convey their love for me.  This was great for me and I felt absolutely lucky to have so many people who care about me.  But what about the people that may not get any of these written or voice-mailed messages on their birthday, let alone on any day?  What if we we shared simple words of encouragement daily to those in our lives . . . especially the ones who may never hear it otherwise?  What if every day could be birthed in happiness towards those we love?
Just a thought . . .

Comments

Popular Posts